The first week of 2017 is ending. Resolution makers are you still resolved? Goal setters are you still striving? Hopefully you were able to start strong and are happily on your way.
Normally it’s not the start of something that is problematic, nor the end of it, but it’s the middle part that is difficult. We start strong, we know what our desired end is, and we have a plan on how to get there, but……….
- Naysayers say this
- Negative thoughts take over
- What Ifs pop up
- Obstacles try to block us
- Time seems short
How do I get past the ‘middle stuff’ to make it to the finish line?
- Tune those naysayers out or politely tell them to shut up
- Conquer those negative thoughts with positive thoughts, prayer, and affirmations
- Ignore the What Ifs; You know that there are not many guarantees in life, but if you do nothing, you are guaranteed not to succeed
- Lean on your defense (God) when the obstacles try to block you; He will get you around them, over them, or through them
- Any productive time applied towards your goal is better than no time, so prioritize and manage your time wisely
Remember “the race is not given to the swift nor the strong, but to the one who endures to the end”(Ecclesiastes 9:11). Stay in the race!